Natural Stone tiles and pavers can be used in many different areas for interior areas such as kitchen, bathroom, foyer, walls , tv backsplashes, fire places and as for exterior areas such as patio, gazebo, pool, walkways, outdoor kitchens, fire pits, decks, cabanas, bars, and water features.
It not only gives a luxurious design and look to your house but also adds a considerable amount of value. Most homeowners prefer natural stone over glass, ceramic, vinyl and porcelain due to its high quality look and durability.
There is couple of other reasons why natural stone is used for exterior usage.
– Natural Stone pavers such as marble and travertine have more natural appearance than manufactured paving, ensuring that the customer gets the desired look.
– Value of the property increases significantly with a patio that is paved with natural stone unlike concrete.
– Installation time for natural stone pavers is usually much less than for concrete because the stones are cut to a specific thickness and size. As a result, installation cost is generally lower than concrete.
– Natural stone adds a random natural beauty that brick pavers don’t. Most natural stone materials are among the hardest ones in the world for any application. It should be considered first when looking for a permanent fixture.
– Travertine, adds an earthy beauty with a Greco-Roman atmosphere as well as Tuscan to a landscape project.
– It is a great alternative to bluestone due to its texture. Travertine and marble are from sandstone family; therefore they reflect sun and do not hold in the heat unlike bluestone.
**Uniform colors are not available in natural stone as they are the products of millions of years of development which makes it beautiful. Natural stone pavers can be used in such areas like poolsides, paths, patios , driveways, decks, walls, walkways…etc. Residences as well as commercial areas or projects benefit a lot when natural pavers are used for exterior applications. If you are a homeowner, a landscape architect, or a commercial contractor, the initial cost of natural stone pavers adds significant value in the long term due to their long lasting durability. Most natural stone pavers are designed to be permanent fixtures; they naturally need to be taken care of from time to time to retain their original look.
**The best way to take care of stone pavers is similar to that of doing the same as stone tiles. The first essential step is to seal the stone. Alkaline cleaners should be the only ones to consider when cleaning natural stone pavers. Once you bought the appropriate cleaner for the type of stone you have, simply follow the instructions on the package for application.